Car accidents are unexpected and can have a devastating effects on your life. If you are involved in a car accident, the attorneys at Gregory & Waldo are here to help. Call us now at (702) 830-7925 for your free consultation.
Car accident claims are often broken down into two stages: pre-litigation (claims stage) and litigation. During the claims stage, the attorneys at Gregory & Waldo make every effort to resolve your claim as quickly as possible without compromising the integrity of the claim. This means while we work diligently on your behalf with the insurance companies, your only focus is to obtain the necessary medical treatment to treat your injuries and get better.
Although most claims resolve without litigation, there are times where filing a complaint becomes necessary. We have worked with a number of insurance companies throughout the years and they know that if every effort is not being made by the insurance company to resolve your claim fairly, then we will not hesitate to fight your case in court. The fact that Gregory & Waldo has such a reputation aids in resolving claims without the need for litigation.
It is unfortunate that car accidents in Las Vegas occur so frequently. And most accidents are due to driver inattention from either using a cell phone, eating while driving, having a pet in the car, or other individuals in the car that lead to distractions. Additionally, Las Vegas has one of the highest number of drunk driver arrests in the nation, which is often a recipe for disaster.
Now that the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has recently implemented a policy that prevents an officer from responding to a non-injury car accident, the steps identified below will help you protect yourself and any viable claim you may have as a result of a car accident:
- Always use caution when exiting your vehicle. Do not leave your vehicle until you are sure it is safe to do so;
- Make contact with those involved in the car accident to find out if anyone has been injured. If there are injuries, contact the police and an ambulance;
- Take down all contact information for anyone involved in the car accident as well as any witnesses to the accident;
- Take notes regarding any statements that are made regarding the accident. It is also important to note if the weather conditions are bad or signal conditions (for example, is there a traffic light at the intersection or is it controlled by a stop sign);
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, your vehicle damage and any damage to other vehicles and/or property. If you do not have a camera with you, any phone camera will usually be sufficient;
- Be polite and courteous to those involved but do not make any statements regarding fault for the accident, even if you believe the accident was in fact your fault;
- Likewise, we would caution you against making any recorded statements without first meeting and discussing your case with a qualified Nevada personal injury attorney;
The attorneys at Gregory & Waldo understand how difficult navigating the process can be on your own following a car accident. Do not add any additional unneeded stress to your life. Call us today at 702-830-7925 for help.